Soft play & Sensory Integration Room at Ty Gwyn Special School
Ty Gwyn Special School had lots of ideas about what they wanted from their new room. They employed Mike Ayres Design to deliver their vision.
Nick from Mike Ayres Design met with some of the staff at Ty Gwyn Special School at the beginning of the year. Ideas and concepts were discussed, all the necessary information and measurements were taken and a design brief formulated.
- The room needed to combine Soft play and Sensory Integration equipment
- Floor cushions had to be firm enough to support movement and soft enough to protect from falls.
- Soft play structures that provide a degree of challenge to students and scope for exploration needed to be included
- A small performance stage was requested
- Controllable colour-wash lights
- An area inside the door that would allow students a space for shoe removal
- Some of the floor cushions would need to be easily lifted to allow access to a store room and also for the use of a Ramp and Scooter-board with Rope and Wall anchor point
- The design had to be attractive with multi-coloured and curved topped cushions
- High level heating pipes had to be protected
A design was approved and installation schedule agreed.
Every cushion designed and manufactured from the best materials in our workshops in Suffolk. Colours carefully selected to compliment and not clash. The Sensory Integration bar was also designed, fabricated and powder coated in Suffolk.
All the equipment was then transported to Cardiff and installed by our own team of installers. We are proud at the amount of compliments that we receive from our customers regarding the way our installation teams work. "Tidy, contentious and skilful"
Mike Ayres Design complete many Soft play and Sensory projects every month throughout the United Kingdom and export around the World.
To discuss your vision please contact us....we look forward to hearing from you.
« Go Back