Bubble Tube 15cm / Easy Access
15cm Bubble Tube - Easy Switch - Choose your desired tube height.
A bubble tube is a sensory device that creates a column of bubbles and lights inside a clear tube. Bubble tubes are also known as sensory bubble tubes, sensory bubble lamps, sensory tubes, sensory light tubes, or bubble tube lamps. They are often used in sensory rooms or environments to provide visual stimulation, relaxation, and interaction for people with special needs.
Not all bubble tubes are created equal. While on the surface, most look the same, after 40 years of building these for special needs, therapy and classroom environments has taught us how to make them last, with many of our tubes still looking great after 10 years of constant use!
This tube diameter is our most popular version of bubble tube (15cm) with thousands sold over the years. Our Easy Access base comes complete with a premium grade pump (for extra strong bubbles) topped by a durable tube which make it suitable for commercial, educational or "heavy traffic" locations.
Our "Easy Access" base, is designed to allow a full viewing area of the tube, rather than hiding a third of the tube in a wooden box. Perfect when supplied with one of our Bubble Tube Surround Cushions, which allows much better access than a platform, so that your client to get close to the tube while lying down.
Our "Easy Switch" functionality allows a very simple level of interactivity, which enables you to use any switch plugged directly into the base of the bubble tube. However when no switch is plugged in, the lights cycle through the 8 bright colours, fading gently between them which provides a wonderful passive lighting feature.
The tube must be secured with a Bubble Tube Bracket - 20cm (1926-902).
- Base size, 50 x 26cm.
- Overall height,160cm, 185cm or 210cm depending on Tube Height chosen.
- Comes with a separate wall mounted Power Supply (12 volts - low voltage)
Explaining Our "Easy Switch" System
- Plug a single switch into the 'step colour' socket and each time you activate the switch the colour will change.
- Plug another into the 'on-off' socket and the bubbles will stop and start with each touch of the switch.
- Plug a Nine Switch Keyboard into the 'step colour' socket and you can choose any colour directly and even touch two colours to colour mix.
- You can also switch the bubbles separately.
- The wired nature of our Easy Switch system is not by accident or lack of technological progress. As many musicians still find, using wired systems provide a far more accurate, consistent and reliable effect. This far more preferential than "temperamental" radio frequency switching devices that often need a Masters level understanding of IT.
The consistent nature of the Easy Switch system is vital for people with learning difficulties who may struggle to process basic cause and effect functionality. Plug it in, they can see it is plugged in and they can more easily process that what they are doing is having an instant effect.