Distortion Wheels for Light Projectors
Distortion Wheel Set. Size: 15cm diameter.
This is a set of three different distortion wheels that can create amazing effects when used with a floor projector or a sensory light projector. The distortion wheels are placed in front of the projector and they distort and change the images projected on the floor.
The distortion wheels are made of acrylic and have different patterns and shapes that create different effects. The distortion wheels can be rotated manually or automatically by using a wheel rotator (sold separately).
The distortion wheels can also provide sensory stimulation and feedback for people who have sensory processing issues. Sensory light projectors can help with attention, visual perception, mood & memory.
Some of the therapeutic benefits of the distortion wheels are:
• They can improve visual tracking and scanning by following the movement of the images on the floor
• They can enhance visual discrimination and recognition by seeing how the images change shape and size
• They can foster cognitive skills such as problem-solving, sequencing and cause-and-effect by manipulating the distortion wheels and observing the results
• They can promote social skills such as turn-taking, cooperation and communication by playing with others
• They can support emotional regulation and sensory modulation by providing calming or alerting input depending on the colours and speed of the images
The distortion wheels are suitable for a projector for interactive floor or sensory equipment ideas for home, school or clinic use.
We are Mike Ayres Design, a company that designs Multi Sensory Environments and manufactures Sensory Integration products. This is one of our many high-quality and durable products that meet the special needs of people with different abilities and preferences. We create sensory rooms for schools, clinics, homes and the NHS.
Browse our site for the variety of sensory light projectors we have.