Fibre Optic Cascade - Easy Switch
Fibre Optic Cascade - Easy Switch
Immerse yourself in the relaxing and captivating Fibre Optic Cascade, a sensory integration product that offers interaction and engagement for people with profound difficulties. The Fibre Optic Cascade features 180 fibre optic light strands that flow to the floor in a rainbow of ever-changing colours. The light shines through strands of soft plastic that you can touch and hold, creating a tactile and visual stimulation.
The Fibre Optic Cascade is powered by the new LED Colour Change Light Source, which lets you control the colours and brightness of the light with ease. You never need to replace a lamp, as the LED technology is durable and energy-efficient. The light source and the switch plates are contained within an attractive wall-mounted box that fits in with any environment.
The Easy Switch version allows you to choose and mix the eight colours with two switch plates and jack sockets. You can also plug in a single switch or a Nine Switch Keyboard to select the colours directly or create your own colour combinations. When a switch is not attached, the Fibre Optic Cascade gently cycles through the colours automatically.
Explaining Our "Easy Switch" System
• Plug a single switch into the 'step colour' socket and each time you activate the switch the colour will change.
• Plug another into the 'on-off' socket and the light strands will stop and start with each touch of the switch.
• Plug a Nine Switch Keyboard into the 'step colour' socket and you can choose any colour directly and even touch two colours to colour mix.
• You can also switch the light strands separately.
The wired nature of our Easy Switch system is not by accident or lack of technological progress. As many musicians still find, using wired systems provide a far more accurate, consistent and reliable effect. This is far more preferable than "temperamental" radio frequency switching devices that often need a Masters level understanding of IT.
The consistent nature of the Easy Switch system is vital for people with learning difficulties who may struggle to process basic cause and effect functionality. Plug it in, they can see it is plugged in and they can more easily process that what they are doing is having an instant effect.
The light source will fit all standard 30mm dia. Fibre Optic Harnesses from any manufacturer.
Size: 70 x 25 x 11cm deep.
Fibre Optic tails extend 158cm from the box.
Power: Input = 100-240v 50-60Hz. 0.7A --- Output = 12V 2A
Therapeutic Benefits of Fibre Optic Cascade
The Fibre Optic Cascade is not only a beautiful sensory product, but also a therapeutic one. It can help people with various sensory integration challenges, such as:
• Autism spectrum disorder (ASD): People with ASD may have difficulties with sensory processing, which can affect their behaviour, communication and learning(sensoryintegrationeducation.com). The Fibre Optic Cascade can provide a calming and safe sensory stimulation that can reduce anxiety, improve attention and enhance social skills(healthline.com).
• Sensory processing disorder (SPD): People with SPD may have trouble responding appropriately to sensory input, which can affect their motor skills, emotional regulation and daily functioning(healthline.com). The Fibre Optic Cascade can offer a gentle and controlled sensory input that can help them regulate their arousal level, improve their body awareness and coordination, and develop adaptive responses.
• Dementia: People with dementia may experience sensory impairments, such as vision loss, hearing loss or reduced touch sensitivity, which can affect their cognition, mood and quality of life. The Fibre Optic Cascade can provide a multisensory stimulation that can enhance their memory, mood and engagement.
Another fantastic product by Mike Ayres Design - we design Multi Sensory Environments and manufacture Sensory Integration products. This is one of our many high-quality and durable products that meet the special needs of people with different abilities and preferences. We create sensory rooms for schools, clinics, homes and the NHS.
Browse our site for more sensory equipment ideas and discover how we can help you create your own Multi Sensory Environment.