Bubble Tube 15cm/Switch4/Square
Square Base 15cm Bubble Tube - Switch4 - Choose your desired tube height.
Not all Bubble Tubes are created equal. While on the surface, most look the same, after 40 years of building these for special needs, therapy and classroom environments has taught us how to make them last, with many of our tubes still looking great after 10 years of constant use!
This tube diameter is our most popular version of Bubble Tube (15cm) with thousands sold over the years. Our Square base comes complete with a premium grade pump (for extra strong bubbles) topped by a durable tube which make it suitable for commercial, educational or "heavy traffic" locations.
Our "Square" base allows for a large surface area on the floor, which adds stability which means it is a good option for a freestanding bubble tube (up to a certain height) where it can be accessible without the need for padding (perfect for wheelchair users).
Our "Switch4" technology is the most advanced, yet easiest 'interactive' tool for many teaching, therapeutic and leisure activities. You can control the colours and bubbles together or separately in a number of different programmes and play co-operative and competitive games with one person or a group of people. This is a very valuable tool for giving choice, enabling independence, learning specific skills and as a sensory experience.
It has 8 programmes or modes enabling highly dependent people to interact with it and each other on a par with physically and intellectually more able people using almost any type of switches. It works very intuitively, and its control is based on the principle of a hidden computer.
The tube must be secured with a Bubble Tube Bracket - 20cm (1926-902).
- Base size, 50 x 50cm.
- Overall height, 110cm, 160cm, 185cm or 210cm depending on Tube Height chosen.
- Comes with a separate wall mounted Power Supply (12 volts - low voltage)
Explaining Our "Switch4" System
- Passive - colours change by themselves every 10 seconds. You can also control the speed of change.
- Step Colour - Use 1 or 2 switches to step from one colour to another and control the bubbles.
- Latched - Use 1 or up to 9 switches or a Nine Switch Keyboard to control bubbles and colours in ‘Latched’ switching mode.
- Momentary - Use 1 or up to 9 switches or a Nine Switch Keyboard to control bubbles and colours in ‘Momentary’ switching mode.
- Timed - Use 1 or up to 9 switches or a Nine Switch Keyboard to control bubbles and colours for times pre-set by you.
- Simon - Use an appropriate number of switches or a Nine Switch Keyboard to play a ‘Simon’ game in which you get bubbles when you press the correct switch for the colour shown. You can select any number and combination of colours to play with.
- Colour mix - Pigments - Use 4 switches or a Nine Switch Keyboard to mix basic colours as you would if mixing paint (red and blue = purple etc.).
- Colour mix - Use 3 switches or a Nine Switch Keyboard to mix basic colours as you would if combining different colour light (red and green = yellow